Strategic estate plans
Office space strategies and standards
Design briefs and user briefs
Space budgets and accommodation schedules
Space data sheets
We can help you make better use of any space.
Whether your organisation is relocating, building or simply refurbishing the space you are currently in, we can help you to identify the spatial requirements which will support activities and potential change, and to develop a strategy that delivers your needs and objectives.
We’ll collaborate with you to articulate your organisation’s vision and translate it into building requirements, a design briefing or strategic plan.
Space management, design briefing and strategic planning
Our learning and workplace consultancy and briefing services are broad and flexible. We can help you rework a tight space to accommodate all its users, or design the most suitable and sustainable, workplace design for an underused or empty space.
Our design briefings and strategic plans can help organisations:
- introduce flexible workplaces
- create interaction and collaboration spaces
- create learning spaces for educational excellence
- create user-friendly office environments
- resolve conflicting needs
We conduct space utilisation studies of existing buildings and post-occupancy evaluations of completed buildings. Using our proven AMA WorkWare tools enables us to assess the building's performance in relation to user needs, and advise on how they might be improved.
Sustainable space consultancy and evaluation
AMA Alexi Marmot Associates is a niche consulting practice. For more than 25 years we’ve helped organisations make better use of their buildings by using space more efficiently.
Our aim is to enhance the activities of the organisations and people who use them. We primarily provide our clients in the private, public and education sectors with informed independent advice on:
· current and future space requirements
· ideal buildings and locations, allowing for socio-demographics and sustainability
· an appropriate and sustainable strategy for maximising space and performance
· presenting the business case for a proposed move or refurbishment
· enhancing layouts, designs and strategies
· implementing successful change, particularly new ways of working or learning
· evaluating building performance using our proven WorkWare methodologies
We also conduct research and publish guidance on behalf of professional organisations, the UK Government and educational bodies.
Flexible spaces for working and learning
For many organisations, the development of fast, affordable information and communications technology has liberated their people to work and learn more flexibly in a variety of settings. AMA has shown companies how to distinguish those groups that will find flexible working most appropriate and to decide the amount of space, the type of storage, and the places for interaction that all staff, including mobile and ‘nomadic’ individuals, will need at the office.
Flexible working has been smoothly introduced for many organisations on the basis of the evidence collected through AMA WorkWare.
We can also assist your organisation introduce new ways of working. Find out more in Change Management.